No, you don’t need to have the same plugins we have. Plugins are tools for audio just like a hammer is a tool for construction. Plugins come in a variety of colors & tones, and they each provide a way to sculpt your mix. We educate you on all kinds of plugins; when how and why to use them, and we often give you additional solutions using alternative plugins for solving mixing problems with similar results. As long as you understand the reasons behind the decision making, you’ll know what to do. Oh and pro-tip, every DAW comes with stock plugins that are more than good enough for Nail the Mix.
Articles in this section
- I was just migrated, but my account is empty or missing months; what gives?
- When will you release new multi-tracks for Nail the Mix?
- But what if I subscribe midway through the month?
- I just subscribed. Where do I start?
- Does it matter which DAW I use?
- Does it matter which plugins I own?
- Can I download the videos?
- Do I have to enter the mix competitions?
- What if I can’t make it to a live stream event?
- Can I use these tracks for my portfolio?